22 May, 2014

B’HARAM: ARMY BEGINS MASS RECRUITMENT

The Nigerian Army on Wednesday announced the commencement of recruitment into the service.
The Director, Army Public Relations, Brig. Gen Olajide Laleye, said during a press briefing in Abuja on Wednesd
ay that the exercise, which started with online registration for interested applicants would come to an end on June 21, 2014.
Laleye advised that only those who would be willing to fight in the North-East should volunteer for the recruitment.

The Army spokesman said that some of the new recruits would be deployed in the North-East to take part in the ongoing campaign against the Boko Haram insurgents in the region.
He explained that the Army leadership was carrying out the “annual recruitment exercise” to replace some military personnel who had been killed in action.
He said the Army would also commission interested candidates through the Direct Short Service Commission and the Short Service Commission.

Source: Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...