13 June, 2014

SANUSI FINALLY MOVES INTO KANO EMIR’S PALACE


The Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi, has finally moved into his palace following the withdrawal of the police siege on the palace.
PREMIUM TIMES had reported how Mr. Sanusi’s apology to President Goodluck Jonathan led to the withdrawal of the police officers deployed to the palace.
Mr. Sanusi moved into the Government House, Kano, on Sunday after the state government reportedly received information that the new Emir was about to be arrested.
A Kano resident, Buhari Awwal, told PREMIUM TIMES that heavily armed security agents escorted the Emir to his palace a few minutes before the asr (late afternoon) prayers.
“Heavily armed policemen in armoured personnel carriers and a retinue of uniformed and non-uniformed vigilantes and, of course, the palace guards followed the Emir’s convoy,” he said. More pics inside...




He also said the emir was driven in a green coloured Rolls Royce with the plate number, ‘Amir Kano’.
PREMIUM TIMES had earlier reported that Mr. Sanusi personally spoke to the President, apologising for whatever “sin” he had committed so that he would be allowed to gain access to his palace.
A source at the presidency revealed, “Sanusi told the president he was sorry for anything he might have done wrong in the past and asked the president to consider him henceforth as a friend”.
The new emir also assured the president he would not be partisan during his reign, and would not aid the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, in any way, the source added.
Source: Premium Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...