30 July, 2014

GADDAFI FUNDED BUHARI’S 2011 CAMPAIGNS – ASARI-DOKUBO

He’s a liar, says Buba Galadima
Former leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force, NDPVF, Alhaji Mujahid Asari-Dokubo, yesterday continued his criticisms of former Head of State, 
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.
Among other things, Asari-Bokubo alleged that the 2011 presidential campaigns of Buhari under the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, were bankrolled by late Libya leader, Col. Muammar Gaddafi.
He named the political aides of Buhari, who were interfacing between him and Gaddafi.
According to Asari-Dokubo, in March 2010, he was a guest of the late Gaddafi, where he opened up on how he had been sponsoring Buhari’s elections in the past.

“In March 2010, I was a guest of Muammar Gaddafi. He told me that Sule Armah and Buba Galadima were in Libya ahead of the 2011 elections. Gaddafi told me that he had been funding Buhari’s elections in the past. I want the Department of State Security, DSS, to investigate if these names I have mentioned were not in Libya during the period.
“During the visit, Gaddafi asked me if Buhari was not a good person. I told him no and that I was going to support President Goodluck Jonathan. I swear by the name of Allah that Gaddafi told me that he had been supporting Buhari. He said Buhari told him that elections in Nigeria were between Christians and the Muslims. Clearly, Buhari does not have any good intentions for the country.
At a press conference in Abuja yesterday, the former Niger Delta militant, said: “For a long time, I kept mute because I had warned that if I opened up, there will be trouble. But people did not believe me. Buhari is one of the most corrupt Nigerians, but people do not believe it. When he held sway at Petroleum Trust Development Fund, PTDF, we know what he did. He used PTDF to empower his cronies. So many people are aware of these things I am talking about.
“If these things I am saying are not true, let Buhari come out and deny them. Buhari is desperate for power, not only for himself, but for his cronies. Today, Muslims are at risk all over Africa. Buhari is the armour bearer of this crusade all over black African nations,” he alleged.
But in a swift reaction, Buhari’s ally and former spokesperson of defunct CPC, Alhaji Buba Galadima said Asari-Dokubo’s allegations were unfounded. He maintained that he never visited Gaddafi in Libya as he claimed.
“I have never seen Gaddafi with my eyes. I was never in Libya. Asari-Dokubo is an absolute liar,” Galadima stated.
On the bomb attack on Buhari, Asari-Dokubo said: “It is clear that there was no assassination attempt on his life, the same way there was no abduction of schoolgirls in Chibok. The President met with 50 parents and where are the other parents? How did the students escape? Were they allowed to go by their captors?
“Why have they not led us into the forest? These things are orchestrated just to return power to the North. We will resist it. No amount of blackmail will deter us. I have seen the worst and at my age of 50, nothing should scare me.
“I do not speak for President Jonathan. We are both Ijaw brothers, I will always defend him anytime, any day. I do not care what anyone says. You can call me an Ijaw bigot. I have never been part of Project Nigeria and I believe that in the fullness of time, Nigeria will go the way of other countries like Soviet Union and the rest.”
He took a swipe at President Jonathan’s statement that Nigeria would have boiled if Buhari had died in last Wednesday’s bomb blast.
He maintained that the President’s statement was unnecessary, adding that placing the life of one Nigerian above several others was wrong.
“What the President said was wrong. The life of Buhari is not more important than 87 people who died in that blast.
“It is unfortunate that the President made such a statement. I wonder why the he will be promoting one person above that of other Nigerians. That statement from the President was very unfortunate. I do not have the capacity to tell him to apologise, but I still insist that he should not have made such a statement,” Asari-Dokubo said.
Speaking further on the attack on Buhari, Asari-Dokubo said: “Each day, a new episode is added to the list of absurdities in the country. Gen. Buhari was reportedly involved in an assassination attempt. Looking at it logically, there was no assassination attempt. It was a well-managed stunt. There was nothing like that.
“He said he was pursued for over two kilometres until they got to the market. He said because of the market, his convoy slowed down and the intruding vehicle detonated the bomb. Buhari did not tell us that all the cars on his convoy were all armoured vehicles.
“I have two armoured vehicles and I know the extent to which they can withstand bomb blast. All the cars on his convoy were not destroyed. All the people on his convoy survived with some minor scratches. Yet, we were told that it happened just 200 metres away from his convoy.
“General Buhari is a retired Army General and he knows that when a bomb goes off, the first thing to do is to evacuate people from the scene. Instead, Buhari stepped down from the vehicle, with a huge crowd and he addressed them. Is he so heartless that he does not know that the dead need respect? By coming in, they contaminated evidence that would have been used,” he said.
“Two weeks before the bomb blast, Buhari had said his life was in danger. He had already set in motion the belief that he was going to be killed. A former Head of State, who ought to have calmed his supporters, came out and accused the government of the day of involvement,” he lamented.
Asari-Dokubo further said that, “Soon after the blast, a cross-gender person came out and was arrested. Even the mother of the person arrested said he was insane. Social media reports said I gave them N5 million to carry out the attack. These things are masterminded. The first one is against President Jonathan and the other is against me.”

Source: Nigerian Pilot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...