30 October, 2014

KESHI BOUNCES BACK AS EAGLES COACH

Sacked Super Eagles coach, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi bounced back to his post today following a presidential directive for his recall just as he says he is willing to continue were he stopped.
Keshi who was sacked by the Amaju Pinnick led Nigeria Football Federation board for poor performance told journalists today at the National stadium Abuja that since the order is coming from the father of the nation, he has no option than to accept the r
ecall.
“I just came in to see the Sports Minister and rub mind on some issues, for now I am not officially informed of the development but if it is true that President Goodluck Jonathan has asked for me to be recalled, to me is an honour for a father to recall his son, so who am I to reject it.

“The President of the country is the father of the nation; if he says come back, why not, but is not just that, because I love my country, if I had wanted to turn my back against my country I would have done that with Equatorial Guinea that gave me better offer.
“The offer I had then they can not pay me here but I decided to come because it is my country, the number citizen of this country want me to stay put I don’t have any other option than to do what he want from me, but it is with mixed feelings because what we experienced here last month is enough to think about it.
“I have played for the country for decades and worked as a coach for quite some times now, but with what I saw on the last day we played against Sudan when we were treated as immigrants we have to consider other things too, I have to meet with my family and come out with a definite position.
“The Super Eagles can still qualify. They don’t need the kind of support we had the other day. The players and officials need encouragement. The press have been hard on them. It should not be so. If the team is not doing well, the players should be encouraged not crucified.
If some journalists do not like Keshi and they turned the heat on the team, is not fair. I still see the team coming out from all the heat. What we need in Nigeria football is peace and not rancour. It serves no one good if we are not having harmony in the system,”Keshi noted.

Source: Daily Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...