12 October, 2014

SACK KESHI NOW!

As Nigeria’s qualification for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations hangs on the balance following the Super Eagles 1-0 loss to the Falcons of Sudan in Khartoum yesterday, Nigerians who are not impressed with the performance of the team since the commencement of the campaign have demanded for the immediate sack of Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi.
The embarrassing loss to 
Sudan has heightened the call for his sack. Eagles lost their first game against the Red devil of Congo 3-2 in Calabar and drew goalless with Bafana Bafana in Cape Town, South Africa.
With the cumulating results so far, it means that Nigeria will not qualifier for Morocco 2015and many believe that the present crop of Super Eagles players are the worst ever, because they lacked commitment and discipline.
Besides, Keshi has been adjudged to be tactically and technically deficient and if allowed to continue may spell doom for the national team and the countries football development.

South Africa now top the table with seven points followed by Congo with six points and Sudan three, while Nigeria only have one point to show from three matches.
Irked by the persistent refusal to invite certain players such as the AFCON 2013 winners, Sunday Mba, Ikechukwu Uche and Brown Ideye, among others, Nigerians believe that such a vindictive person should be shown the way out as his stance would not go down well for Nigerian football.
Nigerians have consistently begged Coach Keshi to forgive and invite inform Ike Uche to the national team, but only on Wednesday, Keshi said as far as he holds way in the national team, the Villarreal FC of Spain forward should forget the national team.
Keshi’s contract to manage the Super Eagles expired immediately after the 2014 World cup that held in Brazil, but the Minister of Sports, Tammy Danagogo gave him the go ahead to handle the team for the period of AFCON qualification following the crises that rocked the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF since the world cup.
Coaches and analysts who spoke to Nigerian Pilot Sports after the match yesterday said thus:
‘’ I do not understand why NFF still allowed Keshi to continue with the team even when he has shown the desired commitment and I believed that he has allowed the AFCON 2013 victory and the world cup success to get into his head. You can see that with his selection of players and the changes he made during matches. We cannot continue like this, allowing small countries to mess Nigeria up.I think this should stop,’’ Mohammed Sanni, a football analyst said.
“Nigeria did not play well against Sudan. The team failed to utilise the few opportunities they had,” roared Coach Charles Bassey (MON), a member of the country’s 1980 Nations Cup winning squad.
Bassey who is the technical director at Nigerian Premier League side, Akwa United FC told Nigerian Pilot that the Sudanese thoroughly deserved their victory.
Fiery sports critic, Jide Fashiku laid the blame of Nigeria’s dismal performance in the 2015 Nations Cup qualifying series solely at the door step of the National Sports Commission, NSC for aiding the crises that have rocked Nigerian football since Eagles ouster from Brazil 2014 World Cup.
“The truth of the matter is that some Nigerians had worked against Nigeria in Calabar,helped Congo to beat our team last month. Interestingly, the same people who worked against Nigeria in Calabar are now in charge of our football.
“Unfortunately, we’re out of the Morocco 2015 race. Already, we had a jinx that we have never gone on to successfully defend the Nations Cup. The NSC should be held responsible for taking sides in the NFF crises and helping to destroy our football.”
Coach Solomon Ogbeide said the Eagles got what they deserved in Khartoum.
“If you fail to plan, you’re planning to fail. We got what we wanted. We have mediocre at the head of the technical committee. No planning and no developmental programme for our national teams.”
Eagles are at the bottom of the table in Group A. Qualification for the Nation’s cup is almost certainly non-existent
While Nigerians now await the return fixtures on Wednesday in Abuja, many people are of the opinion that the team be taken over by former coach Samson Siasia on an interim basis.

Source: Nigerian Pilot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...