The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has asked the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), retired General Muhammadu Buhari to immediately show his school certificate or surrender himself to the nearest Police state for investigation and prosecution.
Addressing newsmen in Abuja on Wednesday evening, Director of Media and Publicity of the PDP presidential campaign organisation, Femi Fani-Kayode said the party would hold General Buhari and the APC responsible if anything happens to its presidential candidate, Goodluck Jonathan.
This is coming after the Principal of the Provincial Secondary School now Government College, Katsina released a statement of result proving that Buhari indeed sat for the West Africa School Certificate (WASC) Examinations in 1961.
The PDP which is asking the Nigerian Army to consider the possibility of stripping Buhari of his rank and privileges given that he was "never qualified" to join the Army as a commissioned officer also said that the former Head of State would suffer crushing defeat in the hands of President Jonathan in next month's general elections.
"We urge Buhari and his party to do the right thing and tender an unreserved apology to the Nigerian people, throw in the towel and report to the nearest police station for interrogation and prosecution. Anything less than that would be an insult to the collective intelligence of Nigerians," he said.
He said for Buhari to stated earlier on Wednesday that he had been told that 'although a record of the result is available, there are no copies of the certificates in his personal file' is nothing but 'perjury' and a 'grave criminal offence' under the law.
He accused the APC presidential candidate of allowing his supporters to run berserk with the intention of harming President Jonathan during the PDP campaign in Katsina State Tuesday.
"Yesterday while going to Katsina for his scheduled rally, a group of broom-wielding vandals chanting 'saiBuhari' hurled stones at the convoy of the President who as you all know is our presidential candidate for the February, 14 elections.
"We consider that action despicable, barbaric and shameful and highly reprehensible. The Katsina show of violence unleashed on our candidate by supporters of the APC and General Buhari was the first after the signing of the historic Abuja Accord by the presidential candidates of all parties participating in the elections," he said.
Source: Daily Trust

No comments:
Post a Comment