Showing posts with label Ado Bayero. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Ado Bayero. Show all posts

13 April, 2014

FEMI KUTI: MY CRASHED MARRIAGE: THE TRUE STORY

Afrobeat maestro, Femi Anikulapo-Kuti, has finally opened up on his crashed marriage. The musician, who is currently in Paris, France where he is due to perform at the biggest African music festival in Europe, went down memory lane and recalled how he met and married Funke, his ex-wife and mother of his first son, Made. He also spoke about other intimate issues. It is vintage Femi – candid, honest and brutally frank! Enjoy it.
What has been your experience in collaborating with musicians like Wizkid and the rest?
It is okay.
Did you expect the kind of acceptance ‘Jaiye Jaiye’ is receiving?
Yes, because I know what I put inside. It is like cooking a pot of soup without putting spices that will make it sweet, it will just be an ordinary pot of soup. People might like it because they are hungry to eat. It was already a good music I just put a bit of energy that enhanced creativity and that was easy because I already like the music.

28 February, 2013

EMIR OF KANO RETURNS AMIDST TIGHT SECURITY


Emir of Kano Alhaji Ado Bayero and his two sons yesterday arrived back in Kano through Malam Aminu Kano International Airport (MAKIA) after weeks of medical sojourn in the United Kingdom following the attack by gunmen on his convoy on January 19, 2013.
The respected monarch landed at the international wing of the airport about three minutes to 7pm, accompanied by his two sons, Ciroman Kano Alhaji Sanusi Ado Bayero and Turakin Kano Alhaji Nasiru Ado Bayero, aboard a Nigeria Air Force plane.
The emir’s convoy came under attack by a group of gunmen as it pulled out of Gandu quarters after the emir had attended a Qur’anic graduation ceremony and commissioning of an Islamiyya school.

12 February, 2013

POLICE PARADE SIX SUSPECTED ATTACKERS OF ADO BAYERO


THE Nigeria Police Command in Kano, Monday, said it has found a clue to the attack on the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, by unknown gunmen on January 19, 2013.
To this effect, seven suspected Jihadists were arrested in connection with the said attack.
Speaking on the issue in Kano, the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, said some of the arrested suspects include Adamu Sani, Malam Salisu Mohammed, Mubarak Isa, Surajo Salisu, Mohammed Auwal Hashim and Abdul Jalil Musa.

10 February, 2013

IF EMIR OF KANO HAD DIED, NIGERIA WOULD HAVE GONE UP IN FLAMES–YERIMA


President, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Shettima Yerima has said that all hands must be on deck to save Nigeria from disintegration. He believes that so many things are going wrong in the country because President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration is indifferent to the plight of the citizens. In this interview, he speaks on various issues including the 2015 general election. Excerpts…

07 February, 2013

MASTERMIND OF BAYERO ATTACK ARRESTED


Security forces attached to the Joint Task Force (JTF) operating in Kano State yesterday afternoon arrested one of the suspected masterminds of the attack on the convoy of Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, last month.
The man, simply identified as Suleiman and also known as Babawo, was picked at his residence located in Chiranchi quarters behind the old campus of Bayero University Kano, security sources disclosed.
Security officials revealed that the suspect was one of the brains behind the unsuccessful plot to assassinate the monarch. He was also fingered as the person commanding several insurgents attack in the city recently.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...