05 October, 2012

300 Level Leads University student, arrested for Internet scam


SUSPECTED fraudster, Nurudeen Oyeniyi, was on Thursday paraded by the Oyo State Police command.
Twenty-three year Oyeniyi, a 300-level Mass Communication student of Lead City University, Ibadan, was arrested for allegedly defrauding some foreigners of millions of dollars.
The suspect, who confirmed his involvement in Internet fraud, told the police that he got into the business two years ago.
He also accepted to have swindled two women of huge sums of money.
He said, “I am involved in yahoo business (Internet fraud). I had duped some women living in the United States of various sums of money.
“I was arrested by the police as a suspected armed robber but I told them that my mother owned the car (Range Rover Sport) that they saw me with.
“My mum is a doctor and my dad a retiree.
“I got into the internet fraud business one year ago. The first deal fetched me $17m while the second fetched me $25,000.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...