06 May, 2014

JONATHAN PERSECUTING ME OVER $20BN DISCLOSURE – SANUSI

Suspended Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, yesterday accused President Goodluck Jonathan of persecuting him for exposing the $20 billion in financial transaction of the Nigerian National Oil Corporation (NNPC) on the country’s oil transactions.
He stated this in an interview he granted the BBC Hausa Service monitored in Kaduna over the action of State Security Service (SSS) operatives who stopped him from travelling out of the country on Saturday night at Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano.
Sanusi said: “Since I come up with that issue of money (allegation of $20 billion), I was illegally suspended and my fundamental rights were violated.
They went further to propagate false report about my person and fabricated deliberate allegations against me just to nail me in the ongoing persecution, but I have debunked all such lies. And now it is stopping me from travelling at the airport which is part of the persecution.”

“What we are seen is it is a tyrannical kind of running government and disregard of judiciary and rule of law.
If not, the matter is in court and the judge gave injunction, everybody knows and it was widely circulated in newspapers and the media. I came to the airport with the papers and showed them, yet they stopped me. They have seized my two passports; the first one was diplomatic passports and now the green passport of all Nigerians. This is the situation and my lawyers will go back to the court to explain what transpired.”
Speaking on his mission abroad, he said: “I was going to France because I have a course to do and from there proceed to Saudi Arabia for Umra. I checked in and collected boarding pass when I was told that I cannot travel out. I showed them court papers ordering that no one should deter my movement in addition to the damages I am to be paid, since I was not found guilty, but they still carried out the order from the Presidency.”

Source: Blueprint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...