26 August, 2014

RIBADU: I CAN SERVE IN ANY CAPACITY

Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) who is now seeking to fly the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) flag in the Adamawa State governorship bye-election, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, said he is ready to serve in any capacity to better the lot of his people.
Ribadu, who submitted his nomination form yesterday at the PDP National Secretariat, was reacting to the question on why he decided to vie for the governorship, having contested for the presidency. The former EFCC chairman said he is passionate about the people of Adamawa State.
“I am prepared to serve. Even if you ask me to be a sweeper in any part of Nigeria, I am ready to do it. I am passionate about myself to address the challenges of Adamawa State. I will work hard to succeed. I do intend to leave no stone unturned”, the former anti-graft boss added.

He denied that he did not have the structure on the ground to win the election, adding: “I am not new in politics; I have been in politics for four to five years. Adamawa people will decide”.
He said he was not worried whether the party grants him waiver or not to contest the primaries but added that he had complied with the provisions of the PDP constitution, regarding seeking for waiver. “I have done my beat; it is left for the party to do their own. I am not worried about waiver.
I have followed the rule”, he stated. Former Executive Secretary of the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), Alhaji Mohammed Modibbo, said he was in the race to rescue the state from bad governance.
He promised to ensure even development of the state if elected, and said the strategy was to oppose the imposition of candidates on the people.
Former Minister of State for Health, Dr. Aliyu Idi Hong, said he is in the race for the infrastructure development of the state. Hong observed that the state was facing security challenges, which requires someone who is energetic to handle.
He is confident that PDP will win Adamawa State, and explained the number of aspirants on the platform of the party was a measure of the confidence the people of the state have on PDP.
Also, another aspirant, Marcus Gundiri, advised the party to think seriously about people who joined PDP from the All Progressives Congress (APC), saying that they have proved to be electable. According to the aspirant:”We are going into a major election, not a mock election.
People who come from APC are capable of winning elections; waiver should not be an issue. People will gain a lot from who joined them.”

Source: New Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...