15 November, 2014

TAMBUWAL RECEIVES APC PRESIDENTIAL NOMINATION FORMS

........Says He Is Still Consulting
Speaker, House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal on Friday accepted the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential nomination and expression of interest forms which were collected on his behalf.
Tambuwal however stated that he would conclude consultations on his presidential bid “soonest” and get back
 to Nigerians on his final position.
On Thursday, some members of the House of Representatives and other political associates collected the presidential nomination and expression of interest forms on his behalf.
Lawmakers that converged at the Speaker’s residence to present the nomination form to him, included Hon. Zakari Mohammed (APC-Kwara), Hon. Emmanuel Jime (APC-Benue), Hon. Aliyu Gebi (APC-Bauchi), Hon. Rotimi Makinde (APC-Osun), Hon. Suleiman Yahaya Kwande (APC-Plateau).Others are Hon. John Dyegh (APC-Benue), Hon. Solomon Olamilekan (APC-Lagos), Hon. Babatunde Adejare (APC-Lagos), Hon. Umar Mohammed Bago (Niger-APC), Hon. Sani Muhammed amongst others.
The Speaker who drove himself into his residence at 3:25pm went into an hour-long meeting with his fellow legislators and other political associates.
Recall that the security detail attached to Tambuwal were recently withdrawn after the Speaker defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Addressing newsmen after the meeting, Tambuwal said he was overwhelmed by the show of solidarity and confidence reposed in him.
“Brothers and sisters, I must say that I am moved by this show of love and commitment to the oneness of Nigeria and the progress of the country by what has been demonstrated this evening by my friends across the divide of this country. This talk about whether I should run for this or that has been on for a while. As I was about to round off my consultations, these my friends came in to say, ‘we are drafting you’. I thank you most sincerely for identifying me as such a personality that posses some of these qualities to be president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I am humbled by this gesture.
“I must say this is almost akin to what happened in 2011 after our general elections when I left my Federal Constituency of Kebbi/Tambuwal to Abuja and my colleagues in the House of Representatives and several Nigerians in consideration of the need for us to have a stable, focused and progressive House of Representatives, decided that I should become the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
“To God be the glory and with every sense of humility, we have done fairly well in the leadership of the House and I am sure that is part of what you have identified as the trait of leadership in me in the way we have been able to manage the House of Representatives. Therefore, I will count my colleagues, 359 of them in the House of Representatives that have showcased me by giving me their support to get to where I am today and also very serious and well meaning Nigerians to contest and vie for the most coveted office in the nation.
“Having said this and having heard of what you have said, I have accepted to collect this nomination form and go and conclude my consultations and come back to Nigerians soonest on what should be my final position on this matter.
Earlier, Hon Peter Edeh (APC – Ebonyi) spoke on behalf of the lawmakers and other political associates who presented the forms to Tambuwal.
He said Tambuwal was the right man to emerge as president in 2015 because he was a unifier who had an impressive track record as Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Edeh said, “we are of the firm belief that these are very uncommon times in Nigeria, the country is facing enormous challenges and having examined everything that’s going on in our nation, we are convinced of the need to find a solution and to bring our country into a country of our dreams. We have decided to come to urge Alhaji Aminu Waziri Tambuwal to consider presenting himself as a candidate for the office of president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We did this in the conviction that Alhaji Tambuwal is a unifier, his track records as speaker of the house has proven him as a unifier, somebody who can bring the people together and make them work together as one, somebody who can energise Nigerians to fight for the country that we all desire. This is a leader who despite all the malaise in the country has till date not been dented of corruption. He is known to be very detribalised.”

Source: Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...