02 September, 2013

CHRIS UBA TO PDP: DON’T TAMPER WITH ANDY UBA’S TICKET

Chris, the younger brother to Senator Andy Uba, has warned the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) not to tamper with his elder brother’s ticket for the November 16 governorship election in Anambra State.
The senator won the party’s governorship ticket in a parallel August 24 congress organised by the Ejike Oguebego-led faction of the Anambra chapter.
But the national leadership of the PDP is insisting that Tony Nwoye who emerged winner in another congress convened by the Ken Emeakayi faction would fly the party’s flag.
In the heat of the disagreement, the national leadership had, last week, clamped a suspension order on the two Uba brothers, Oguebego and others in the Uba camp.
However, a court in Port Harcourt had ruled that Uba remained the flag bearer of the PDP, while another court in Abuja had quashed the suspension order.

In a telephone chat with our correspondent yesterday, Chris Uba said: “I am sure that my brother would be contesting for the gubernatorial seat in Anambra State, as he remains the rightful owner of the PDP ticket.
“Whatever is being done to frustrate his well-earned victory in the August 24 primaries will fail. When the time comes, they will come to the realisation that what they are doing is absolute violation of the law. They should retrace their steps before it is too late”.
Chris Uba denied being rough handled in the public brawl between Uba’s and Nwoye’s supporters at the PDP convention ground on Saturday.
According to him, nobody rough handled him neither was Andy asked to vacate his seat for somebody else.
“Nobody pushed me at Saturday’s mini convention. Media reports that I was pushed or that my brother, Andy, was asked to vacate his seat were misrepresentations of what transpired at the Anambra stand during the mini convention of the party. In fact, the altercations did not get to where we sat.
“From what we gathered, it was a fight between some persons who were fighting over seats. It had nothing to do with my brother and I. We go to the venue of the convention early enough and took our seats.
“I can describe those that were fighting as thugs because I don’t know why they had to engage in fisticuffs. I would not have reacted to the report but for the fact that my brother and I were unduly maligned by the insinuations that we were asked to vacate our seats or that I was pulled. Nobody pulled me”, the younger Uba stated.

Source: The Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...