23 September, 2012

I carried drugs to pay my daughter’s school fees - suspect


A 28-year-old single mother have been apprehended over allegations of ingesting 73 wraps of narcotics. 
The suspects were caught by men of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA) Abuja. 
Udoka Peace Egbuchelam, who ingested 73 wraps of methamphetamine weighing 1.1kg was caught during inward screening of passengers. 

she was quoted to have said that she wanted enough money to pay tuition fees of her 5-year-old daughter, hence her involvement in the illicit trade.

In her words,“I wanted to pay the school fees of my daughter. Since my arrest, I have been worried because I do not know how she is coping without me. The people that gave me the drug promised to pay me the sum of $2,700,” Udoka, a native of Imo State, stated. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...