05 January, 2013

TUFACE: HOW MY PROBLEM WITH MIKEL STARTED


Nigerian music star Tuface Innocent Idibia has disclosed the real reason behind the rumours making round that he was shunned by Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi in London.
It had earlier been reported that Tuface recently saw Mikel in a London nightclub and when he proceeded to exchange pleasantries with him,  the Chelsea midfield maestro handed him a shocking cold treatment.
Apparently angered by Mikel’s arrogant attitude, Tuface headed to the studio and put his grievance on wax recording ‘only me’(second singles from his unstoppable album).The story was further fuelled by the lyrics of the song; even though Tuface did not mention  Mikel’s name.Commenting on the controversial song,Tuface feels the rumour emanated as a result of Mikel’s failure to honour one of Nigeria’s friendly games.  “Mikel and I are good friends,” he said. “I don’t have any problem with him and it’s not true that he shunned me in London. Mikel is a nice guy and a great footballer I admire and respect a lot.
“What I think that happened was that there was a match involving Nigeria and another  country I can’t remember the match. Mikel was unable to honour that match, so when my album was released within that period people started insinuating that I was criticising Mikel for not coming for the match.
“The only time I met Mikel, I was in the company of  P-Square. I was surprised when I heard  somebody screaming 2Baba and when I turned my back to respond to the call, I was surprised it was Mikel himself who was hailing me and we embraced each other and chatted for some time before heading for our respective destinations. That was the story of how the rumour started. It’s part of the price you pay for stardom’’.

Culled from Entertainment Express

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...